If you need advice on how to wear heels every day, whether it be for work or pleasure, we've put together a few tips that will help you look after your shoes, and your body.
If the Shoe Fits
Did you know that foot size can change over the years, especially after having kids? Ensure you regularly check the size of your feet, as shoes too small can cause blisters and discomfort, and heels too big might make you trip.
If you’re wearing heels daily, it’s also important to look after your health. Some heel-specific health tips include:
- Maintaining correct posture, especially when you’re walking. Try not to lean too far forward or back.
- Stretch your hamstrings, calves, toes and ankles whenever you take your shoes off.
- Build strength in the ankles, knees and core to protect yourself from falling and to avoid back pain.
Different Heels for Different Occasions
Choosing your next pair of heels? Consider the following:
- Heel thickness: The thicker the heel, the more support it provides. Super cute options like block heels or mule heels are your best bet here.
- Heel height: If you plan on being in heels all day opt for a smaller heel, like those in our range of mid heels and low heels.
- Foot coverage and support: ankle straps, wide bands and toe coverage like that found in the classic pointy toe heels style will help provide more support and comfort.
Final Tips on How to Wear Heels Everyday
If you’re committed to wearing heels every day, there are plenty of things you can do to look after your shoes and your feet. Remember to take small steps, walking heel to toe, and never be afraid to call in some backup in the form of soft steps, heel grips or insoles.