Buy Women's Boots Online At Famous Footwear
We display our shoes in Australian (AUS) women’s shoe sizes which is the same sizing as American (US).
|AUS / US||EUR||UK||FOOT LENGTH (CM)||FOOT LENGTH (IN)|
Also remember your left and right foot will vary in length and width, so choose the size you think will be most comfortable for you.
Each shoe style is fit tested in Australia and we do everything we can to make a fit as close as possible to the correct AU standard sizing measurements.
Use these sizes and measurements as a guide only. You know your feet best!
Still need help finding your perfect fit? Contact our customer care team here email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions about Women's Boots
How should boots fit?
There can be health consequences from wearing the wrong boot size and fit, so it’s important to measure your foot carefully and select the right size based on our sizing guide. Once you have your boots, ensure that:
- The widest part of your boot is the flex point (the toe line where the boot bends when you walk)
- The inner heel of the boot isn’t pinching, or doesn’t slip more than ½ centimetre as you walk
- Your boot doesn’t pinch the ball of your foot. It should feel snug, not painful.
- The arch should support the foot well
How to choose boots
The main rule is to choose the style that makes you feel good! Beyond that, choose based on these aspects:
- Tall frame: Most styles suit, but knee high boots work particularly well. Mid and short heeled boots with box toes minimise height.
- Petite frame: Tighter ankle boots create long lines. Avoid floppy or mid-thigh boots. High heels will lengthen legs, as will pointed toes.
- Large calves: Chelsea or fabric boots offer comfort. Avoid boots that sit at the widest part of your calves.
- Skinny calves: Choose clingy, stretchy boots for comfort.
- Wide feet: Avoid pointed toes, chunky buckles and straps.
What are the best boots to wear with dresses?
Ankle boots are the hot ticket item right now. Wear them with cute, light-fabric dresses that are knee-length or shorter. Longer boots will be forever fashionable and pair with all dress styles, and knee-high look amazing with short and oversized dresses.
Combat and Chelsea boots will give short dresses an edgy look – especially when combined with a cool denim or leather jacket. Heeled boots are a safer choice for winter-wear in place of heeled shoes. Wear them with a business dress for the office or a short LBD for the dance floor.