Terms & Conditions
The famousfootwear.com.au website is operated by Asco International Pty Ltd trading as Famous Footwear (ABN 52 079 563 518 and ACN 079 563 518). The website trades from Famous Footwear head office at 8 Mercantile Crt, Molendinar, QLD 4214 Australia and the postal address PO Box 4458, Ashmore Plaza, QLD 4214 Australia. Any enquiries for the web (online orders enquires only) can be emailed to email@example.com
Head office hours are: Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 4:00pm (AEST)
Your use of the website is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the terms, conditions, notices and disclaimers set out below ("Terms and Conditions").
Famous Footwear reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice to you. Your continued use of the website after any amendment becomes effective constitutes an agreement by you to abide and be bound by the Terms and Conditions, as so amended.
The products on the website are only available for sale to individuals who can make legally binding contracts. The products are not available to persons under the age of 18 years and any other persons who are legally prohibited from entering into binding contracts.
Any order placed by you in the manner described in this website is an offer by you to purchase a particular product for the price (including the delivery and other charges and taxes) specified in this website at the time you place your order on these Terms and Conditions. Famous Footwear reserves the right to accept or reject your offer for any reason, including, without limitation, the unavailability of any product, an error in the price or the product description posted on this website, or an error in your order. Your contract with Famous Footwear only comes into existence when it forwards confirmation of receipt of your order and payment.
Cancelling/amending an order:
As we work hard to get your order out to you quickly, your items are dispatched swiftly and in most cases we are unable to make amendments or cancellations. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after placing your order, if your items have not been dispatched we can attempt to make amendments or cancellations (this option is unavailable out of business hours). If you still require a refund after goods have been dispatched, you can email us and send back your order at your own expense and we will refund you less the shipping fee.
Return To Sender
If a parcel is returned to sender due to customer error, an incorrect postal address entered at checkout by the customer or the delivery item rejected by receiver and the customer chooses to receive a refund for the order instead of the order being re-sent out to the correct address, the order will be refunded less the return shipping cost of $12.95 to cover the return to sender fee incurred by Famous Footwear.
Should the customer choose to have their parcel re-dispatched, we can contact you by phone to collect the $12.95 resending fee and re-dispatch your order to you.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure postal details are entered correctly at checkout.
Famous Footwear will take photos of all our items for sale on the web, in order to best represent our products. At times there may be a subtle colour variation between the web site and the products themselves.
Famous Footwear reserves the right to make changes to advertised prices on www.famousfootwear.com.au without notice, at our discretion.
If a product is discounted, the discounted price will only be honored at the time of the product being purchased at the discounted price (e.g., if the item later goes on sale after being purchased at full price (or any other higher price), we are not required to offer the item at the newly discounted price).
Prices may also vary between what is advertised online and what is offered at our physical stores. Variances may be due to regional specific sales, flash promotions or season sales and other related pricing reasons. If you wish to check the price of a stock item at your local Famous Footwear store we recommend contacting that store directly. Store listing can be found here: https://www.famousfootwear.com.au/pages/store-locator
Promotions and offers advertised on www.famousfootwear.com.au are valid only through the online store and not valid in Famous Footwear physical stores, unless otherwise stated.
The currency of any transaction is Australian Dollars (AUD) only and all prices displayed on this website are inclusive of 10% GST.
Please read the Delivery Information contained in the website. The delivery times are indicative only as a third party (Australia Post) are involved in the delivery of goods purchased and therefore Famous Footwear will do everything to adhere to these delivery times however will not be liable for any failure to observe these delivery times.
The circumstance in which Famous Footwear is obliged to make a refund it is detailed in its Returns & Refunds Policy.
Limitation of Liability
Famous Footwear will in no way be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, resulting from use or inability to use the website or for the cost of procurement of substitute products or resulting from any products purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through the website or resulting from unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data or of any information contained on this website, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, use, or data, even if Famous Footwear has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Where any Act of Parliament implies in the Terms and Conditions any term, condition or warranty, and that Act avoids or prohibits provisions in a contract excluding or modifying the application of or exercise of, or liability under such term, condition or warranty, such term, condition or warranty shall be deemed to be included in the Terms and Conditions, however, the liability of Famous Footwear for any breach of such term, condition or warranty shall be limited, at the option of Famous Footwear , to any one or more of the following:
If the breach relates to goods:
- the replacement of the goods or supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of such goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- if the breach to relates to services:
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
While the information contained in the website is believed to be accurate and current, it is provided by Famous Footwear in good faith on an "as is" basis. Famous Footwear , its`` directors, officers or employees make no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained on the website and none of them accept any responsibility arising in any way (including negligence) for errors in, or omissions from, the information contained in the website.
If the content of the website does not satisfy the laws of a country other than Australia, it is not directed to persons in those countries and they should not use the website.
If the website contains links to websites not maintained, controlled or associated with Famous Footwear and it does not make any endorsement, or any representation as to the accuracy, of information contained on those websites. Famous Footwear will not accept any responsibility for the accuracy, ownership or any other aspect of the information contained on those Web Sites.
Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in the information on this web site is owned by famousfootwear.com.au All rights reserved. Unless otherwise permitted by the Commonwealth Copyright Act 1968, this site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, re-sold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not expressly permitted by famousfootwear.com.au
Famous Footwear does not represent that any information (including any file) obtained from or through the website is free from computer viruses or other faults or defects. It is your responsibility to scan any such information for computer viruses. Famous Footwear will not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic), however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from any such information. To the extent that any liability may be imposed on Famous Footwear, it shall be limited to the cost of re-supplying that information.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of A.C.T. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of A.C.T.
Subscribing to Our Newsletter
By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree to receive promotional material via Email. If you wish to cease receiving these Emails, please click on the UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of your Newsletter.
Unless explicitly noted otherwise all promotions:
- Auto apply at checkout.
- Exclude products already on sale, gift cards, shipping & E-vouchers.
- For discount off second item promotions: Discount will be applied to the item of equal or lesser value, when two items are purchased in one transaction.
- Are online only - Independent of stores.
- Can't be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Only available while stock lasts.
- Expire at midnight of day of offer. (AEST as we are located in Queensland)
- Discount cannot be applied after purchase has been finalised.
- Can't be redeemed for cash.
Buy X Get Y Offers:
- Discount code need to be applied at checkout unless otherwise stated.
- Excluding Shipping and Pre-order products.
- Sale Online only - Independent of stores.
- Can't be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Discount will be applied to the item of equal or lesser value, when two items are purchased in one transaction.
- Discount will be applied to every second pair.
- Discount cannot be applied after purchase has been finalised.
- All product returns will be returned at the lesser value unless both the qualifying product and price reduced product are returned simultaneously.
- No rainchecks.
Mobile Message Service Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 27/10/21
The Famous Footwear mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by Asco International Pty Ltd (“Famous Footwear” , “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Famous Footwear's SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages with service-related and promotional messages, including updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.) and promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders) from and on behalf of Famous Footwear via text messages through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology.
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Famous Footwear. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Standard message and data rates may apply from your wireless provider. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to "Famous FW" or click the unsubscribe link in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Famous Footwear mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms. For Service support or assistance, text HELP to Famous FW or email email@example.com.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is Asco International Pty Ltd (ABN 52 079 563 518 and ACN 079 563 518). Asco International, the publisher of FamousFootwear.com.au is trading as Famous Footwear.
- Information on prizes and how to enter Famous Footwear competitions form part of these Terms & Conditions of Entry.
- By entering Famous Footwear competitions, entrants accept the above-stated Terms & Conditions of Entry.
- Entry to Famous Footwear competitions are open to all Australian & New Zealand residents; excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related companies.
- To enter Famous Footwear competitions, entrants must answer all competition questions and entries must be received by the Promoter by the close of business on the specified closing date.
- Prize winners of Famous Footwear competitions are selected at 12 Mercantile Crt, Molendinar QLD 4214 on the specified competition judging date. Winners are contacted by email or mail within 5 business days of selection and may be announced in social media and/or the Famous Footwear website.
- The judges' decision is final and binding. As such, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competitions are games of skill and as such, winning entries are selected based on the creativity of entries submitted.
- Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
- If any prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
- Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize-winning and may wish to seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of the prize.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
- All prize winners agree to the use of their name and address plus a social image post for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion – where applicable) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash, credit or product and no exchanges are offered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize (or part thereof).
- The Promoter, their associated agencies and companies associated with this competition take no responsibility for prize damage or lost in transit and the Promoter will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, damage to or loss in transit of the prize.
- Each entrant's personal information ("PI") is collected to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this Competition and the winner. The PI of winners may be provided to third parties who are assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers, deliverers and authorities that regulate competitions. Entrants who fail to provide all requested PI, may be determined by the Promoter, at its sole discretion to be ineligible to win a prize. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, corruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer networks and systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Competition.
- All entries become the property of Famous Footwear. As such, Famous Footwear is the owner of all copyright and other intellectual property in the winning responses.
- The laws of Queensland Australia govern Famous Footwear competitions.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoters legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or to cancel, terminates, modifies or suspend the competition.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions at a later date.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of prizes from the draw date. Prizes will be sent to the delivery address provided by the winners. The Promoter and prize suppliers will take no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in transit.
- 100% OFF prize is limited to orders up to a maximum value of $150.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.