Cut Out Boots
Buy Womens Cut Out Boots Online At Famous Footwear
Forget the cold. Boots with cut outs are the next big thing. Versatile, on-trend, and oh-so-comfortable, these wardrobe must-haves are your new work-to-dinner favourites. It’s time to level up your look with a truly unique pair of boots.
Boots that do things differently
What are cut out boots? Put simply, they are boots – typically ankle boots – that feature a deep, V-shaped cut out on either side. You can see either your socks or bare skin through the cut outs.
The effect is unique and feminine. Here are three reasons why we are loving boots with cut outs this season:
- These boots elongate the leg. By flashing a little skin (or sock), you create the illusion of longer legs. Who can argue with that?
- Ankle boots with cut out designs are softer and less chunky than traditional ankle boots, making them the perfect complement to ultra-girly outfits like flowing mini dresses and long, boho-inspired skirts.
- Cut outs add an unexpected twist to a tried-and-true classic, ideal if you’re the kind of person that loves to stand out from the crowd.
Find your fave cut out boots today!
Sleek and sophisticated, edgy and grunge, sweet and flirty – these boots are the ultimate style chameleons.
For something work-friendly, opt for a pair of tailored jeans or slacks and a light, linen blouse. If you’re into alternative style, a leather mini skirt and band tee layered over a fitted long-sleeve complements the quirky character of these boots. Or, a pretty summer sundress and a pair of tan ankle boots make an effortlessly stylish brunch, picnic, or date night outfit.
Famous Footwear brings you an exclusive range of boots with cut outs from beloved brands like Pied A Terre and London Rebel. If you have any questions about shopping with us, please check out our FAQs page.
We display our shoes in Australian (AUS) women’s shoe sizes which is the same sizing as American (US).
|AUS / US||EUR||UK||FOOT LENGTH (CM)||FOOT LENGTH (IN)|
How to Measure Your Size
1. You will need a ruler, pen, and a piece of A4 paper.
2. Place the piece of paper flat on the ground and stand on it. Make sure your foot is flat and your foot is in the middle of the piece of paper.
3. Draw a mark behind your heel and another in front of your longest toe. If one of your feet is larger than the other, use the longer foot to calculate your size.
4. Measure the distance between the the two lines.
5. Find your measurement on the ladies’ size chart above to determine your correct size. If your measurement falls between two sizes, we recommend taking into consideration whether you're purchasing a closed in shoe such as a boot or ballet flat and whether you'll be wearing socks or stockings.
Also remember your left and right foot will vary in length and width, so choose the size you think will be most comfortable for you.
Each shoe style is fit tested in Australia and we do everything we can to make a fit as close as possible to the correct AU standard sizing measurements.
Use these sizes and measurements as a guide only. You know your feet best!
Still need help finding your perfect fit? Contact our customer care team here firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions about cut out boots
How to style low cut boots
Low cut boots add an edgy touch to any outfit, especially when combined with some well-placed, polished accessories. For workwear, pair your booties with tailored pants or dark jeans and a crisp, white button-up blouse and blazer. Formal work dresses or skirts with hemlines just above the knees are also winners with low cut boots.
For a casual look, try torn denim, short-shorts or skirts, or skinny jeans on the bottom with midriff tops, fitted tees and slinky singlets. For outerwear, a cool faux leather jacket, long trench coat or oversized jumper will complete the look.
What cut out ankle boots outfit combinations do you recommend?
Cut out ankle boots look amazing with short dresses, skirts, and shorts, which are ideal for long lazy days. Try a light, fluttery skirt or a skater dress for maximum airflow, or chuck on some wide-leg paperbag shorts. To rock that edgy look, opt for a tight mini with a singlet or tee, and lots of metal accessories. If you’d prefer to keep your legs covered, try a maxi skirt with a hem that skims just above your boot tops, and match with boho accessories.
What are your best cut out boots outfit ideas to look taller?
Most cut out boots are around ankle-length but with these tips, you can create the illusion of longer legs and added height:
Don’t wear your cut outs with a longer, flared hemline. This can visually cut your legs in half, creating shortness.
- Do choose heeled boots or soles with a bit of height.
- Do match your boot colour to your pants colour. This creates long, lean lines.
- Don’t wear wide-leg styles. Skinny jeans or tights create longer slimmer legs.
- Do accessorise with vertical stripes.
- Do choose pointed-toe styles. These add visual length.