You may live for the weekend, but your style doesn’t have to.
One of the best ways to add personality to your workwear wardrobe is to pair your professional staples with a killer pair of boots. Not only are ankle boots on-trend and office-friendly, but they’re also super comfortable. Anyone who’s worked a nine to five in heels gets it.
Stop wondering how to wear ankle boots to work. Our style tips have you covered, whatever your workplace’s dress code.
Boots in a Casual Workplace
It’s casual Friday every day of the week in your office, café, shopfront, or wherever it is you work. Lucky you. Use this extra leeway to inject your own personal style into your workwear, keeping it polished and chic all the while.
Here are three ideas to get you thinking:
- You cannot go wrong with tan ankle boots, blue jeans, and a linen button-down. Add a French tuck, and you’re good as gold.
- In spring and summer, pair brown ankle boots with a flowing, graphic midi dress and statement earrings. A bright lip ties the look together.
- If you can get away with an ultra-casual fit, try high-waisted jeans, a white tee, a leather jacket, and a pair of black ankle boots. Put-together? Yes. Edgy? Absolutely.
So, you can’t get away with floral dresses and ripped jeans. But that doesn’t mean you can’t turn to your ride-or-die boots. Give our three outfit ideas a try:
- Two words: leather pants. Black leather or faux leather pants are your smart-casual secret weapon. Create contrast with a loose and flowy blouse. Finish with your favourite pair of ankle boots.
- It’s cold out, but there’s no reason to toss your shorter skirts aside. Channel your inner mod with a tweed A-line skirt, turtleneck sweater, black stockings, and black ankle boots.
- Wish you could wear your PJs to work? We’ve got an idea that’s just as comfortable: loose slacks, a crisp tee, a tan leather belt, and tan ankle boots. Go for boots with a heel to create a more sophisticated finished look.
Faux Pas to Watch Out For
Learning how to wear ankle boots to work isn’t rocket science, but there are a few style no-nos to avoid.
First, steer clear of clashing colours. If your bag is black leather, don’t wear brown leather boots. Instead, keep all leather-look accessories in the same colour family.
And finally, scuffed ankle boots detract from the overall professionalism of your outfit. Be sure your boots are mark-free and in tip-top shape.
You know how to wear ankle boots to work – now the fun part!
It’s time to treat yourself to a pair of ankle boots that’ll take you from the office to after-work drinks.
Famous Footwear offers free shipping on all Australian orders and a flexible returns policy that gives you total peace of mind. Find out more about what makes us different, and start shopping now.