STYLE GUIDE: HOW TO WEAR ANKLE BOOTS
It’s not hard to work out why we love ankle boots so much— they’re comfortable, practical, yet easy to dress-up when you need to. They’re the true all-rounder that can take you anywhere from work to dinner, catch ups with friends, a festival or for a night out.
If you’re not sure how to wear ankle boots, we’ve got some tips to help you style them perfectly! They’ll be your favourite go-to before you know it!
HOW TO WEAR ANKLE BOOTS WITH ANY OUTFIT
We’ve pulled together this helpful style inspo that’s easy to replicate and sure to get heads turning so your ankle boot ensembles will always be on point.
- THE CROPPED LOOK: Make your ankle boots stand out by teaming them with cropped trousers or culottes, or by rolling up the bottoms of your fave mum-jeans. Flashing a couple of centimetres of skin between the top of the boot and your pants will also break up your outfit and elongate the leg.
- CREATE A FOCAL POINT - Keeping your outfit really simple, sticking to a very basic colour palette of only one or two colours and use your ankle boots to add the detail. Choose a stand out colour like a tan or white boot added to a black outfit.
- WEAR THEM LIKE A BOSS: Pair some heeled ankle boots with a power suit or tailored trousers, a white shirt and longline blazer to channel a boss-like vibe. You can also nail the look by pairing ankle boots, jeans, a simple tee and blazer together.
- MAKE IT EDGY – Go for a military-style chunky-sole or a leather-look stacked heel with ripped denim jeans and a vintage tee for an easy, cool look. Or if you're game, go all out with some bold patterned flares and an oversized faux-fur jacket.
- GO MATCHY-MATCHY: Try a head-to-toe single colour palette to project a dramatic, modern aesthetic.You can even try colour blocking with shades of the same colour.
- REACH NEW HEIGHTS: Pair some heeled ankle boots with high-rise skinny jeans or leather-look pants to elongate the legs. The heeled boot together with a long slim pant will add the illusion of more length to your leg.
- GO CHIC: If you’re heading out for the night, dress up some tall ankle boots with an attention-grabbing jumpsuit or leather mini skirt and silk blouse.
- ‘DRESS’ THEM UP: Ankle boots work perfectly with a mini dress, skirt and a leather or denim jacket to create a fun and flirty look, or if you’re feeling a bit boho, pair them with a flowing midi or full-length dress and boater hat or statement earrings.
EVERY STYLE COVERED
Could your shoe-drobe do with a few more pairs of ankle boots? At Famous Footwear, we’ve got you sorted with our extensive range of stylish and affordable ankle boots. Browse the range to find your favourite style!